Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Forrest Griffin took Xanax before Anderson Silva fight and failed drug test




It came out after the third Tito Ortiz fight that Forrest Griffin was on TRT for that match but apparently that wasn’t the first time he had taken something before a fight (though Xanax isn’t going to help him any).  It’s amazing how these fighters fail drug tests and they manage to keep the results hidden.  If Forrest hadn’t of admitted it in a recent interview, no one would have ever known.

Other failed drug tests have been covered up by the UFC as well, including Tyson Griffin failing a drug test at UFC 123 (for marijuana).  It does make one curious just how many other fighters have failed drug tests in the UFC and we simply never knew about it.

I failed my drug test I think for Xanax,” Griffin said. “I had a doctor’s prescription, I was just, I didn’t do it before the fight, I did it the night before, I was nervous and I couldn’t sleep.”

No comments:

Post a Comment