Saturday, July 21, 2012

UFC 149: Epic Fail



I canceled my breakdown of this card last week because frankly, it looked horrible on paper.  There wasn't even 1 fight on the card I cared about seeing and it looks like that was a good choice since everyone online is saying it was one of the most boring cards of all time.

I said it when I canceled my breakdown of this card and I will say it again; if the UFC wants to be considered "big leagues" like they are always saying about themselves, they need to actually prove it by putting on good cards.  They are running so many shows now that 90% of the cards are complete garbage with no names on it.  No one wants to watch a few bums fight each other just because the name "UFC" is attached to it.  In all honesty, this is the worst era of MMA since the mid to late 90s and I think PPV numbers are going to continue to be terrible unless they really do something soon. 

I really hope everyone was smart enough to save their hard earned money and not pay Zuffa (UFC owners) for this lame card.  If people stop buying these they will be forced to actually up their game and put on worthwhile fights.  This card was so bad, I wouldn't even watch it if Dana White hand delivered it to me on DVD and even put it in my DVD player for me while serving me a pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment