Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hugh Jackman on The Wolverine



“You want to get me into trouble, don’t you? [laughs] Okay, the movie takes place after X-Men: The Last Stand. My character is at his lowest. He is supposed to be able to heal himself, but he may encounter someone who has worked out a way to really hurt him. And there is a cameo from one of the past X-Men in it.”

Okay, before he was saying The Wolverine was a stand alone movie, now it’s apparently taking place after X-Men 3.  The X-men movies have become a huge mess and each movie completely contradicts events that took place in the other movies, like Professor X becoming paralyzed in First Class when he was young, yet still walking in X-Men 3 and X-men Origins: Wolverine when he was much older.  It shouldn’t be that difficult to at least try to keep a consistent timeline.

I can’t really say I am excited about this movie.  It sounds like a cool storyline and could be interesting but really there have been more awful movies coming out of the X-men universe than good ones and even the best ones aren’t great (just good).  I hope they get their house in order and start making some good movies that actually make sense when viewed with the other ones but after so many failures, I don’t see that happening.  I’ll probably wait until this one is out on Netflix before seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment